[Shop-talk] Gas leak repair/test

Steven Trovato strovato at optonline.net
Tue May 6 19:54:46 MDT 2014

Yes, I would rather do my own check like you.  But I get the
impression that if they are locking out the service, they don't want
you to.  As for rerouting the pipe, make sure you don't violate any
rules.  I don't really know the layout and I don't know what
regulations there are for this.  Keep in mind that every heater fails
eventually, and the usual goal is to be able to shut off gas at the
heater, replace the heater, reconnect and turn gas back on.  If your
rerouted pipe would have to be disassembled to get the heater out,
someone may have a problem with that.

-Steve