[Shop-talk] OBD/can/whatever scan issue.

Mark Miller markmiller at threeboysfarm.com
Wed Mar 26 22:21:25 MDT 2014

SO the check engine light on my 2011 Fit came on today.  I plugged my
scanner in to see what is up and. . . nothing.  Got a scan error
message.  So I grabbed my old one (the one I couldn't find so bought the
newer one) and it just cycled through its script (launch 1  2 3  4  5)
and then it also came up with its error message.

The last thing I read with the scanners was our 2000 Saab, and it was
probably 5+ years ago.  Have the scanners changed? Do I need to get a
newer version?  Or give up and take it to a shop (yeah, like people will
recommend that if there are tools to be bought)?

And if a new one is in order:   recommendations?  I like the look of the
cheap ones that talk to a phone via Bluetooth.  Thanks all!

--
Regards,

Mark Miller