[Shop-talk] amazon ..was Shop-talk Digest, Vol 8, Issue 44

Karl Vacek KVacek at Ameritech.net
Tue Mar 25 09:29:01 MDT 2014

Another point of the "Amazon Partner" equation is that the defective primer
bulb was sold and shipped directly from Amazon - there was no Partner
involved in any way.

If it had been purchased from an Amazon Partner, whether shipped from the
partner or from Amazon, I bet Amazon would have refunded my money
immediately, debited the seller immediately, and told me to just discard it.
I'd feel that I was screwing the Partner since they should have the option
of sending it back to the manufacturer for replacement, but Amazon wouldn't
accept a physical return.  BTDT.

Being a sale directly by Amazon as opposed to a Partner, however, Amazon
wants the part back, and it's only right to send it.  I'm not happy, though,
that they made it such a big "special one-time" deal and still want to
charge me restocking besides.

Karl