[Shop-talk] Pneumatic Brake Fluid Bleeder (Harbor Freight) review!

gordies garage mg_garage at comcast.net
Sat Mar 1 03:06:36 MST 2014

I have had both types for many years.  The pressure bleeder (Gunsons ezibleed)
came with a connection for a tyre to supply the pressure.  I have since
modified it to connect to my compressor.  Just have to remember to reduce
pressure to under 20 psi.  This set up is my favorite, and the favorite of
many of my car club friends.  When I got mine, it came with many different
caps.  I don't think they come with multiple caps any longer, and cost more.
If you are using on an MG (as I do) and you are leaking from the master cyl,
then you have too much pressure for the bleeder or the MC is not tightened
properly.  Never had a problem with my MGs.

The HF, vacuum style I have works best for removing old fluid from the
reservoir.  When connected to a bleeder in the manner designed, I find it
sucks too much air from around the threads of the bleeder to make it effective
at actually changing the fluid.

Gordie Bird