[Shop-talk] camry hybrids

Michael Porter mdporter at dfn.com
Tue Jan 29 09:25:36 MST 2013

On 1/29/2013 9:11 AM, John Miller wrote:
>> Apples and oranges.  Your M5 is a car with an MRSP of over $80K.
> 70k E39, and that has nothing to do with it.

Oh, yes, it does, because that's your standard for comparison (what
year?-a 2007 is $82K).  $70K is still about double the cost of the cars
to which you're making a judgment.
>     I just dragged home a freebie '86 Celica beater that has better seats, better material quality, and better outward visibility than any present Toyota.

And, your `86 Celica gets about 22-24 mpg overall.  Don't kid a
kidder--I was a Toyota factory-trained, master line mechanic in the
`80s.  I know the technology of that time.

Good cars for the age, but, don't bullshit me.

Cheers.

--

Michael Porter
Roswell, NM

Never let anyone drive you crazy when you know it's within walking distance....