[Shop-talk] Any experience with this HF Compressor?

Mark Andy marka at maracing.com
Sun Aug 8 17:24:54 MDT 2010

Howdy,

Anyone have any experience with HF's US General 5hp/60 gal two stage
compressor?

http://www.harborfreight.com/5-hp-60-gallon-165-psi-two-stage-air-compressor-93274.html

Between the sale price and a 20% coupon, it'd be $640 before tax.  I'm
having a very hard time justifying something like a $1400 Champion 5hp/60
gal with this out there...

I've heard that they're actually put together by a US company.

Anyway, I'll probably give it a go, unless I see a bunch of folks that
have had a bad experience with this compressor.

Mark

(I know the plusses and minuses of HF in general btw... I'm looking for
experinces with their bigger compressors here.)