[Shop-talk] Compressor repair

Randall tr3driver at ca.rr.com
Tue Nov 4 08:15:40 MST 2008

> Is there a thermal breaker on the back of the motor that
> might need reset?
> Otherwise, you can hardwire the compressor and bypass the
> pressure switch to see if the motor will turn.

FWIW, the pressure switch (which doubles as the on/off control) on my
Sanborn compressor had a second pair of contacts that still worked after the
first pair quit working.

Since you get no sound at all (and I presume the outlet is still working),
you should be able to trace through the compressors wiring with a test light
or ohmmeter and find the open.

Randall