[Oletrucks] DIVISION BAR LINER GLUE?

Chuck Smith saltrider at hotmail.com
Mon Apr 25 06:52:46 MDT 2016

About 20 years ago I replaced the Vertical Division Bar Channel Felt Liners in my 57 3100.  The felt liner strip is glued into the U shaped channel that cushions the front of the sliding door window.  I spread the glue on the inside of the division bar and pressed the liner into the U shaped recess with a piece of plywood - the process went well but they have finally worn out.

So it is time to do it again but I've forgotten (old age is cruel) what glue I used.  I think that I remember applying it with a brush attached to the bottle cap - it may have been rubber cement.

Can anyone report on their experiences with this repair and what glue they used?

Best regards,

Chuck