[Oletrucks] 73~87 GM C 10 Frontend Rack & Pinion Swap

James E Hays thomasind at nventure.com
Thu Dec 31 13:52:53 MST 2015

Have 55-1st P U with installed Stock above Frontend to include Disc Brakes, Independent Coil Springs, Power Steering / Frame Mounted Steering Gear (box). Every moving part of the front & rear suspension ( stock 55 springs ) have been replaced even including springs, shocks, steering gear and Front / Rear alignment.

With the newer vehicles Steering really spoiling a guy I would like to take a look at Rack & Pinion replacing the Steering Gear. I know they have complete kits but I am hoping that I can save as much of the work already done as possible replacing only the Steering Gear with the R & P and all required connects.

If anyone has any details relating to selecting / installing a R & P on this 73~87 GM C 10 Frontend sure would like to hear from you. Think I can handle everything but the R & P  selecting
/ installing ( locating & mounting supports ).

Thanks,
Jim  55-1st 5 window / GM 350 / 4L60E