[Nobbc] Help with Ron's car, please?

Andy Preston andypreston at sbcglobal.net
Mon Sep 26 17:51:52 MDT 2011

Hi Greg, the MGA battery cradles are smaller than the MGB so the Group 26
12V battery will not fit without surgery to the cradles.  I know this from
personal experience.  However knowing Ron he probably found a way.  If the
current batteries are put on a battery tender for several days/weeks the
batteries should be OK to sell the car.  New 6V batteries are around $115
each so we don't want to go there unless we have to.  I have a spare battery
tender and would be happy to do this in the near future.

I'm also happy to help get Ron's car started and running properly for sale.
However I'm fully committed for all of October and so the earliest I could
be over at Candy's house would be November.  If Candy is OK with this I'll
be pleased to contact her and arrange a time that is convenient for both of
us.  That would put the sale of Ron's car into the winter time which can be
good or bad.  Anyone looking for a project car or one to work on would
probably like a winter sale but as we all know these cars always sell best
in Spring and Summer time.

Andy