[Nobbc] Help with Ron's car, please?

Gregory Tatarian gtwincams at gmail.com
Mon Sep 26 13:25:22 MDT 2011

Thank you for your input, Clif. I was not asking someone to help me
diagnose the problem, I was asking on behalf of Candy for someone from
the club to go over to her house and help out because I am unavailable
for awhile.

These are 12 volt cars, with 2 6 volt batteries in series, but as I
haven't looked at the car, I don't know if it has already been
converted to a single 12 volt battery, as many owners have done. I was
asking MGA owners for the specific type and source for a 12 volt
battery that will fit in the well, and a couple of members have
confirmed it's a type 26 battery. My understanding is that a battery
problem has been confirmed, but there may be other issues that need
addressing so the car will run properly, as apparently Ron had
troubles with the car on his last club drive.

I don't think Candy is putting the car on eBay - she wants to offer it
first to club members, then she will put it on consignment if need be
- I don't think she is going to deal with the hassle of selling the
car herself, but I haven't really discussed it in detail with her yet.
 FYI, there are spare parts, a top, a hard top, side curtains, and 3,
possibly 4 wire wheels.

Cheers,

Greg Tatarian