[Nobbc] Status on assuming Ron's duties

Greg Tatarian gtwincams at gmail.com
Mon Sep 5 09:12:59 MDT 2011

Hi John,

I have been considering this, but it's only been a week or so since we
learned of Ron's death, and I think Candy will be happy to do what she
can to help the transition.

The trouble with starting new a new Facebook account is that the old one
will still exist, unattended and confusing people with two NOBBC
accounts on Facebook.

There is no need to start a new autox email list account, as the
administrator's account has been transferred to me already, but Mark
needs to reset the password to my own. Given the holiday, I expect this
will get worked out soon enough.

Picassa is free, and though it has limitations, is a good option for
simple photo and video sharing. Dan likes Facebook because people can
add material to it, making it more interactive. I'm on the fence, so it
would be good to hear from other members to get a consensus on how much
they value Facebook for the club.

Wendell is working on talking with Tcherek about the web site, so that
should get squared away soon.

The membership list will be the bugaboo; hopefully Ron printed a copy
fairly recently, or his brother, who has remote access can find the file
and forward it to me. Again, we need to be a little patient. It's a busy
time for the family. We are still functional and can get together for
drives, we just don't have access to data or the ability to manage the
Facebook or email accounts.

All of the passwords I have or will establish for the club are in a
book, where Trish can get to it. I'll tell you where it is when we get
together, but I don't think the passwords should be distributed. One
exception may be that if I set up a Picassa account so that members can
post pictures to it, a member-only password might be a good idea.

Thanks for the input, John,

Greg