[Nobbc] Fund raising for autox.team.net

Greg Tatarian gtwincams at gmail.com
Tue Oct 11 08:05:38 MDT 2011

Hi Dean,

Good points about Mark, thanks. You're right, this is supposed to be a
fun club, which is why I sent an earlier email about how to use this
forum in a responsible way. My comments on trying to communicate with
Mark should not be lumped with the other comments about other topics by
other members recently.

I am also unpaid for my volunteer efforts, yet have spent about 45 hours
since Ron's passing (while also running my business), working on all of
the administrative issues for the club, along with helping Ron's widow
get his car running and sold and trying to help connect her with helpful
resources. I've also held club parties and tech sessions at my house and
elsewhere, and led numerous drives, all as a volunteer member of the
club, which I think shows I have invested a lot in the NOBBC over the
past 6-7 years.

The club now has about 140 members, with this being the main way to
communicate among ourselves. I don't think Ron wanted the club to die
with him, but access to most of our resources have suffered as a result.
We still have a web site we have little control over, an email forum
with no moderator control, and a Facebook account with no moderator
control. It's easier to just let things flow when there are 20-30
members but now that there is a web presence, social networking, and all
of this with no way for me, also an unpaid volunteer, to handle the
duties, you might be able to understand my frustration at Mark not
responding to 7 or 8 very friendly, very polite emails.

I have also asked you previously for the information on the club web
hosting service that you so generously pay for (and I regularly remind
members about your ongoing contribution, Dean) since Tcherek is ready to
pass on the web mistress job. Would it be possible to get that
information from you so that we can make that transition? Tcherek has
done a very kind service for free for our club over the years, but is
ready to hand it over. Better yet, could you notify the web hosting
service that the password has been lost and establish a new one so we
can edit the web site?

It would be great to keep our email forum with Mark, because it's
text-based, simple, and free, and would make my life easier, if we can
make it work. I'm just trying to help, Dean, and not slamming anyone. I
asked you in the very beginning if you objected to my stepping in to
take over these duties, and you didn't indicate you had a problem with
it, but if you do, please let me know before I spend more of my time if
you would prefer yourself or someone else do this work.

Greg