[Nobbc] Fund raising for autox.team.net

Greg Tatarian gtwincams at gmail.com
Mon Oct 10 20:13:53 MDT 2011

Hi Mel,

I am also a member of several Yahoo Groups, and that is my preference as
well. They can be set up so that there are sections for specific
subjects, which allows people to decide what they want to read or
ignore. There are also sections for files, photos, links, and other
topics, even off-topic chatting.

There are a couple of concerns; it is web-based, which means there is
some risk of malicious scripts that can be uploaded to the group via
html. The other is that there are banners and ads, which some people
really object to (but they are more subtle than Facebook, in my opinion).

Another option I've been exploring is Google Groups, but that has the
same concerns, and I'm not happy with the interface. There are premium
email forum and discussion board hosting services, but they cost money.
Since we don't charge dues, I don't want to get us on the hook for a
paid service.

I'd like to look further into Yahoo Groups, but would want to get a
better idea from members whether this would be acceptable.

Thanks for your comments, Mel,

Greg