[Nobbc] Please read- not a joke

Tom Reier bluesson at hotmail.com
Thu Oct 6 15:35:54 MDT 2011

I can't see anything even close to COMING DOWN HARD in John Kenner's
comment/opinion.
 HARD would be calling him a lot of names and going on for 1,000 words. He put
his opinion concisely into one sentence.
  NO HARM NO FOUL. Toughen up, folks!!
  I thought  the truly inappropriate thing was the initial post that exposed
the mail list individual addresses.
  I run the worldwide Grinnall Scorpion group on yahoogroups, and we have a
lot of traffic. I can pick out a scammer or spammer before he gets to strike.
I have come to realize that a LOT of people who are online are gullible and
open and respond to emails that victimize them in one way or another. The
internet is still the wild west, and you best know how to protect yourselves.
IF you go around opening every email in your junk box, or responding to things
that look too good to be true, you're a surefire victim; not if, but when.
  Any suspicious looking email address should be avoided. One little trick I
use when dealing with people who want to join the Grinnall Scorpion group
is...I RUN the email address on google. If it's someone blanketing the
internet with scams, they pop up. The other measure is...put new members on
MODERATED status.
  This group seems pretty ripe for the picking, btw.
                                              Tom R

> Date: Thu, 6 Oct 2011 11:18:56 -0700
> To: nobbc at autox.team.net
> From: don at napanet.net
> Subject: [Nobbc] Please read- not a joke
>
> I think that coming down so hard on someone for such a minor issue is
> inappropriate use of the club email.
>

> At 06:43 PM 10/5/2011, you wrote:
> >Andy,
> >
> >I find your use of the club email list inappropriate.
> >
> >This list should be for NOBBC business and communication among members.
> >
> >What do others think?
> >
> >JOHN KENNER
> >
> >510 231 6803 OFFICE
> >415 806 2457 CELL

On
> >Behalf Of Andy Preston
> >Sent: Wednesday, October 05, 2011 4:35 PM
> >To: 'North Bay British Car Club'
> >Subject: [Nobbc] FW: Please read- not a joke
> >
> >I donbt normally forward blanket emails but this one makes sense and is
> >important so please read, especially women.
> >

> >Andy
> >

> >   _____

THESE
> >CRIMINALS.
> >
> >THIS IS A NEW TECHNIQUE USED BY GANGS, SO PLEASE INFORM YOUR FRIENDS AND
> >RELATIVES.
> >
> >THESE ARE DESPERATE TIMES AND THESE ARE UNSAVORY INDIVIDUALS WHO WILL TAKE
> >DESPERATE MEASURES TO GET WHAT THEY WANT."
> >
> >Please talk to your loved ones  about this. This is a new tactic used.
> >Please
> >be safe.
> >
> >Get started NOW -- SEND THIS  MESSAGE TO ALL YOUR FRIENDS AND LOVED ONES
> >BE
> >CAREFUL AND AWARE OF EVERYTHING AROUND THEM SO AS NOT TO BECOME A VICTIM..
> >
> >WARNING  # 2
> >
> >Some knew about the red light on cars, but not the 112.  It was about 1:00
> >p.m. in the afternoon, and Lauren was driving to visit a friend. An
UNMARKED