[Nobbc] Patination

Don don at napanet.net
Sun Aug 21 15:37:19 MDT 2011

"Making new paint look old."

I just read an article in the September issue of Classic & Sports Car
about a company in the UK that repaints old classic cars and  treats
the finish so it doesn't look brand new.  I guess it could be called
"artificial patina."  This is probably used mainly when an old
original car is damaged or suffered too much wear, and a section
needs to be fixed, but the owner wants the repaired portion to look
consistent with the rest of the car.  I thought this was an
interesting concept now that preserved cars are getting more
attention than restored ones.

http://www.vintagepaintworks.co.uk/