[Nobbc] THANKSGIVING RIDE

Greg Tatarian gtwincams at gmail.com
Sat Nov 20 06:44:35 MST 2010

Wow, Rich! That's gonna be nice.
I was referring to modifying the carbs used on an Elan if they were
fitted to a Spitfire. One thing I didn't mention is that the size is
larger as well, but that could be just the ticket for a hot Spitfire
engine if the manifold can also be enlarged for the larger venturi size
of the CD175s. The Weber is a more common upgrade however, and will give
you gobs of power. What venturi, jets, air correctors and e-tubes are
you using for that engine build?
Looks like you've got a trip to Johnny Franklin's in your future -
nothing like a screaming loud exhaust to make you want to get out of the
car after 45 minutes or so...
Cheers,
Greg