[Nobbc] THANKSGIVING RIDE

Clif & Deborah Williamson hawkview at sonic.net
Fri Nov 19 09:53:26 MST 2010

Great info Greg.
The throttle response was one of the problems mentioned on JHPS (Jensen
Healey Preservation Society).  Unless you are going to be racing there is
not a really good reason to have a super lightweight flywheel.  Very twitchy
and more difficult to control RPM since the engine can rev so much quicker
with out the heavy anchor to turn.  Absolutely no gain in power, just
torque, but with a price.
On the Jensen I think the weight savings with a modified stock flywheel is 6
pounds, and with the aluminum about 11 pounds.  Stock is about 21 pounds.
And thanks Mike for the machine shop info.
Clif 74 Jensen Healey