[Nobbc] 5 SPEEDS

Paige, Dean DPaige at srcity.org
Thu Mar 18 10:37:40 MST 2010

I just don't have the time or inclination to go through it. The W85 is what I
need and apparently they are rare as hens teeth. With most of them going to
retrofits on roadsters evidently. I sourced (Herman suggestion) with warrantee
a rebuilt W85 down in LA and with shipping and taxes it came to 1K. The kit
Herman supplies is complete to the point of providing braided steel tubing for
the new clutch slave, clutch disc, speedo cable, throw out bearing, pilot
bushing and easy installation instructions for all the other parts. I've seen
the conversion and it is very impressively put together. The 3K it will cost
me for the entire shebang will come out of a substantial tax return.

I live a very active life. Lots of time working outside and inside at my home.
A full time job in the Environmental area where I have at least 12 regulatory
agencies to deal with on a daily basis. OY Vey! Add to that hiking, biking,
socializing with friends and family, concerts, travel etc, etc.

Don't get me wrong. Over the years I've owned the TR I was as frugal as a
miser. Lots of baling wire and twine so to speak. And given that the car has
given me ~350+K miles; really the beast deserves the best.  Now with the rest
of the roadster in great condition; new engine, newish paint, near perfect
interior et al, the whole project will give me great satisfaction in getting
quality parts for my long time pal (the TR) and give me a thrill as I back it
out of the garage and out to the country roads once again. All in all lowering
my blood pressure and increasing my joy in life.

You results may vary.

Deano