[Nobbc] 5 SPEEDS

rlmossholder at comcast.net rlmossholder at comcast.net
Thu Mar 18 07:36:24 MST 2010

B  Pick and Pull in Windsor always has the Toyota 5 speed gear boxes for about
$170. Last time I checked, a rebuildB kit was about $100. You can make a
crayon rubbing of the bell housing and your engine end plate.B Center
theB rubbings and make a new wood end plate template, drill outB all theB bolt
holes. Get aB piece of 1/4" plate steelB  or aluminum fromB a metal supplier
(about $30) and cut out your new end plate. Drill all the bolt holes and viola
you have the same thing for a lot less money. You will have to make a new
pilot bushing and substitute aB Toyota clutch disc for the Trumph one. It's
not toB difficult to do. My dad and I did this for a GT-6 a long time ago and
it worked pretty well. You may have to cut the frame a littleB to make it all
fit though.

Cheers,

RichB B B B