[Nobbc] SATURDAY OYSTER RUN

Greg Tatarian gtwincams at gmail.com
Wed Mar 17 14:10:17 MST 2010

The W-58 was the only Toyota gearbox I was aware of that was being used
for this conversion. Isn't the Moss conversion a Ford T-9? They aren't
anywhere as easy to come by in the states as they are in the UK. Toyota
'boxes used to trade for about $250, unrebuilt. There seems to be an
uptick in the prices for these, with a number of buyers being us TR
owners! $800 for a rebuilt is fair in my opinion, if new parts have been
used where needed (synchros, bearings).

I like the way the Toyota gearbox shifts, though perhaps not as much as
the stock TR 'box, but it's much better than some other Toyota and Honda
boxes I've seen in conversions in other cars. Looks like you'll be
cruisin' soon!

Cheers,
Greg