[Nobbc] SATURDAY OYSTER RUN

Paige, Dean DPaige at srcity.org
Wed Mar 17 08:40:26 MST 2010

Miracles will never cease. Pia and I will likely attend the ride to Marshall.
We will accompany the group in the Jag.

Finally got to work on the TR-6 last night. Only eight bolts on the bell
housing and it will be out. I'm always amazed at how quickly I fall back into
the oft practiced routine of pulling the tranny. Almost a Zen like experience.
It took me just over an hour to get the steering wheel off, the radio and CD
out, the dash support out and gut the interior. And, also of course sequester
all parts. I suspect that much of the ease of disassembly is due to a liberal
coating of never-seize on bolts with lock washers lo these many years ago.

I'm going with the Herman Van Den Akker Toyota conversion. For 1700 bucks I
think it will be well worth it. 50 lbs lighter is a good thing too. Sliding
the tranny into place is always problematic. It's been a long time coming.
Free shipping at present too. Whoo Hooo!  Ordering up the new ring gear, 14"
steering wheel, gear reduction starter and miscellaneous do-dads from Moss to
top things off. Hoping for a substantial tax return to finance the works.

Will likely sell off at least one of the 2 TR trannys in my possession. While
I'm at it. Anyone interested on a Series III GT-6 differential? Have a couple
of lenses for the same also

Deano