[Nobbc] Update on Tech Session

gtwincams at gmail.com gtwincams at gmail.com
Tue Mar 9 15:48:13 MST 2010

Yes, I agree with you here, Tim.
Cheers,
Greg
Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

-----Original Message-----
From: "Tim Thresh" <tsthresh at hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Mar 2010 14:06:33
To: North Bay British Car Club<nobbc at autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Nobbc] Update on Tech Session

Greg,

You are correct that the synchro's go first. If they need fixing then it is
a simple(?) matter to check (and likely replace) the layshaft at the same
time. This shaft runs in pretty simple bronze bushes. The shaft/lubrication
to those bushes is down the center and seems pretty puny.

If the only problem is down/up shift difficulty then suspect the synch
cones. If the box tends to jump out of 3rd when downshifting under
deceleration into a bend- think Coleman Valley Rd down to the coast- then I
think it is likely the selector rods and/or layshaft as well?

Hope this all helps Mark and others reading the thread. Once the box is out
of the vehicle it is a "whole lot of fun" to work on.

Tim