[Nobbc] Removal of breather pipe? MGA

liam oflaherty liamof at earthlink.net
Tue Mar 9 00:29:21 MST 2010

I hear you Mark,
Keep some extra quarts of oil in the trunk and some cardboard to put under
the front whe you park on someone's drive way (thats what I do).
Shifting from third to second... I can't remember the last time I have done
that.  I usually coast to the stop sign.  I down shift from 4th to 3rd but
not from 3rd to 2nd.  You may want to read Barney's site where he determines
transmission issues by driving the car.  Sounds like warn 2nd gear syncros
to me but take Barneys test to see for your self.
Also check out John Twist's video collection at University Motors.com?
something like that, he takes the syncros out and shows how they wear.
Liam