[Nobbc] [Fwd: 2nd annual Marin Sonoma Concours d'Elegance May 16th 2010]

Greg Tatarian gtwincams at gmail.com
Tue Jan 26 15:09:36 MST 2010

Tom's email was entertaining, if a bit vituperative. It's interesting to
see how tribal we humans can be - us against them sort of thing. I'm
inclined towards Gary's point of view - there are nice folks in any
group as much as there are buttheads. I enjoy life more because I like
to give the benefit of the doubt to people, whether they own German,
Italian or British cars. I know many people are very opinionated about
the cars they like and the owners they will hang out with, but diversity
makes life more interesting in my opinion - that's why I've got a long
wish-list of classic cars from all over the world (OK, not India, China
or Russia, I suppose).
Regarding fees, $60-85 is too much for my blood because I don't have a
concours-quality original car - the Elan is superb but not original. The
Alfa will be the same, so car shows aren't really where my cars are
headed, unless they are low-key affairs. I certainly enjoy looking at
all of them, however!
Greg Tatarian
TR6
Alfa Romeo