[Nobbc] Ride Reminder

Mike Gianandrea mvg1 at verizon.net
Fri Oct 9 10:50:23 MDT 2009

Hi Rich and Paige,

Tranny problems are a bitch, BUT, I had my daughter's tranny for 2000 GMC
Jimmy rebuilt at Vaughn's Transmissions, Dutton Court in Santa Rosa $1300,
1/3 of the next best price I could get, even from my regular mechanic. He
also gave me a quote to remove, rebuild, replace the tranny in my TR4 of
$650. MORE than reasonable. They are cheap, timely (one day), and have a
good rep from other trusted mechanics. I checked up on them quite a bit
before taking the Jimmy there, it's only been a few months, but it's running
great. One word of caution, be very specific about what you want done. They
did not replace the torque converter (standard procedure in a rebuild)
saying the old one was not bad, (but they go bad). I took the car back to
them, I voluntarily paid $100 for the part, but they did the R&R and
installation for free. Made me happy, and my TR is going in for a re-build
and new clutch soon. Overall, I was quite happy with the job, especially at
the price.

Michael
64 TR4