[Nobbc] Restoration Shop

andy preston andypreston at sbcglobal.net
Wed Apr 15 19:04:11 MDT 2009

Frank, as Wendell mentioned I'm just completing my own restoration of a 1960
MGA Coupe, which has taken just about 2 1/3 years and more money than I wish
to admit.  The car had sat in a farmers field in Sacramento for 25 years
before I rescued it so you can imagine the condition it was in.  I've done a
complete body off restoration and now the car looks fantastic and drives
great. I'm working out the bugs at the moment and should have it fully road
worthy within the next couple of weeks.  Feel free to give me a call and
come over and see it, and I can give you lots of advice. 707 795 3480.

If your looking for a turn-key restoration shop, you could try "On the road
again", which is a new shop in Morgan Hill owned by an MG enthusiast Bill
Hiland.  Bill's a member of many clubs including the MG Owner's Club, which
is where I met him.  Nice guy and really helpful.  I have no idea what a
full restoration would cost, but I've seen his work and it's first class.
If you have the room and energy you can save some money and do some of the
work yourself.  You can view his website at: ontheroadagainclassics.com

I'm sure that other club members can recommend other shops.

Andy