[Nobbc] Need advice

rlmossholder at comcast.net rlmossholder at comcast.net
Tue Oct 7 17:53:43 MDT 2008

Hello,
I seem to have screwed up. Last weekend I was working on the '71 Spitfire and noticed a small leak coming from the oil pressure sender. I have installed an oil pressure gauge in the car and for some reason the brass adapter fitting came loose. I removed the sender from the brass fitting and tightened the fitting back into the block. To make a long story short I sheered off the fitting in the block. No problem I thought, Just use an easy-out and it'll come right out. As soon as I applied any torque to the easy-out it shattered and left a large piece in the fitting. I managed to get the remaining pieces of the easy-out out of the brass fitting. Does anyone have any suggestions as to how to remove the rest of the brass fitting?
Thanks,
Rich M