[Nobbc] Jaguar stuff

Dan home at drummondlaw.com
Tue Nov 25 09:35:45 MST 2008

Joe,

Sorry, I don't have an easy answer for you about the rear bearings.  I
haven't done that, but am told there are lots of tolerances to be checked.
A buddy of mine who's guidding me through the process recommends sending the
hubs to Coventry West and have them install new bearings.  Not what you
wanted to hear, I'm sure, but it's the best I've got.

To tell the truth, I'm pretty new at this mechanic stuff and got this car a
couple years ago to learn on.  I rebuilt the front suspension two years ago,
including all new brake components.  Took the tranny out last year (although
I had a transmission shop in Santa Rosa do the actual rebuild).  And this
year's project is the rear end.  Seems like I get into one big project a
year on the HMS Grandpa.  Along the way I've also replaced the A/C
compressor, water pump, and other miscellaneous items.  It's all proved to
be a lot of fun and quite satisfying.  I recommend to any newbie mechanics
out there to give it a try.  Get yourself an old (and relatively
inexpensive) car that you can leave up on the jacks for weeks at a time as
you take your time working through the issues.  Nothing worse than starting
a big job Saturday morning on a car you need Monday to get to work.

Dan