[Nobbc] [Fwd: Call for entries to the Marin Sonoma Concours d'Elegance May 17th 2009]

gtwincams gtwincams at pacbell.net
Fri Nov 21 08:38:12 MST 2008

Hi All,
Who would have thought this simple invitation would generate this much
discussion, on this normally very quiet list? I think it's great - and
figure it's because it raises the questions we've been discussing lately
about how to share our interest in these cars and keep them alive and in
the hands of drivers, not just collectors. It's kind of the core
philosophy of this club, I believe.

Larry, Andy and John make really good points. I think a club presence
would be a great thing for all of the reasons stated. Concerns over the
entry fee are important to some, but one way to look at the cost is not
as an entry fee, but a day's worth of entertainment pleasure, including
all of the previously noted perks and features the fee provides. I was
ambivalent before, but now am looking forward to May 17.

It's going to be a fun start to next year's club activities; a visit to
my friends at Saintsbury, the Concours, and more!

Cheers,
Greg