[Morgans] Morgan Heater cores

Rick Rader habctrmd at aol.com
Tue Oct 16 14:23:03 MDT 2018

Several years ago I had an aluminum radiator made for my 67 4/4 from Ron Davis Radiators (Glendale, AZ), price then (about 10 years ago) was $800; perfect fit, no complaints.

Rick Rader
Chattanooga
In a message dated 10/16/2018 4:13:55 PM Eastern Standard Time, jblair1948 at cox.net writes:

At 10:55 AM 10/16/2018, you wrote:

 >Last winter I wanted to get my leaky radiator repaired and found that ALL of the
 >olde radiator shops in my area have died.  I ended up ordering a new aluminum
 >one from Mulfab in the UK.  Fine product, easily to deal with folks, fits perfectly
 >and cool better than my old one.  Alas expensive.

 Richard,

 It's supprising how much of the old skills are going away.  The newer radiators are
 partially made of plastic.  So the old shops can't do much with them.  Then the
 shops go out of business.  Bummer.

 >As to my Smith's heater, since I cannot find a shop to repair the old core I
 >looked around for a replacement.  It seems the heater was also used in Rovers
 >and there is a company on the west coast that makes new compatible cores for
 >$300.  Thought I would search a bit for a lower price.

 >Ideas?

 Unforunately, no.  I'm not sure but I think that some other cars of that era, like the TR-3s, MGAs might have use similar heaters.  I remember a round heater in
 my old TR-3s.  I went looking through Moss Motors on-line catalog and found a
 round heater core for a Healey 100-4.  It was $800.  So your $300 for a Rover
 core isn't bad.  Here's a core for a TR3 at $500:
 https://mossmotors.com/heater-core-1

As a last resort, it seems to me that one of the aftermarket AC companies makes custom items.  I thought the company was in GA or FL.  Doing a google search
 I see a couple of companies in TX.  So maybe that's where they are.  But it would
 be worth a phone call to see if the can do custom work, if so, send them a picture
 of your heater core and some measurements and see what they give you for a quote.

 Here's a place list Morgan heater core replacements:

 http://classicfordradiator.com/newheatercoresforbritishvehicles.aspx

 http://classicfordradiator.com/morrisminormorganrangeroverroundheatercore.aspx

For Morris Minor, Rover, Morgans for $500

 Let me know what you find!

 John
Virus-free. www.avast.com

John T. Blair  WA4OHZ     email:  jblair1948 at cox.net
Va. Beach, Va                  Phone:  (757) 495-8229

          48 TR1800    48 #4 Midget    65 Morgan 4/4 Series V (B1106)
     75 Bricklin SV1 (#0887)    77 Spitfire    71 Saab Sonett III
                       65 Rambler Classic

Morgan:     www.team.net/morgan
Bricklin:     www.bricklin.org

If you can read this             - Thank a teacher!

>From Dennis Prager - The American Trilogy:
     e pluribus Unum, "from many, one."
     In God We Trust
     Liberty - the  power  of  choosing,  thinking,  and  acting  for
                  oneself; freedom  from  control  or  restriction

Morgans at autox.team.net
Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation $11.47
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive