[Mini] DIY brake pipe manufacture

T VS tkmvs at hotmail.com
Mon Jul 6 01:25:16 MDT 2020

I’ve used for years a simple clamp one (which takes multiple pipe sizes) and has a cast horseshoe shaped press which slides over. Works on soft copper, copper and just about steel pipes.
I used to work in a garage where we had a vice mounted hydraulic one - that was great but no good for doing pipes on a car!
Pipe I just buy from the local independent motor factors but have also used eBay!
Soft copper is very easy to work with and can be bent by hand but never looks that neat. Hard copper needs a pipe bender but can look OEM with care 👍🏻