[Mini] Rear seat belt question

John Lieberman jlieberman37 at comcast.net
Sun Jul 5 15:59:33 MDT 2020

Can anybody tell me, with some degree of certainty, whether the '81 Mini
came with provisions for mounting 3-point seat belts in the rear?  My
'81 that I imported to the US from England last year just has 2-point
lap belts in the rear and they seriously need replacing.  There are
holes in the C-pillar trim where, I assume, the top part of a 3-point
belt would be attached.  However, I can find no threaded hole in the
metal body work behind that trim that would accept a bolt.  Thanks for
any input you can provide.

John