[Mini] [minElist] Re: Mini MOT retest.....

Simon Dummett simon.dummett at gmail.com
Thu Sep 28 06:44:48 MDT 2017

The special tool is basically the same, but uses a thick walled tube
instead of the socket. A long bolt takes the place of the students, with a
nut on it to force the tube down, forcing the clip over a conical piece,
widening it a bit so it goes over the cylinder. Winding it in fully locates
it in the groove.

Orientation of the clip is important too, as it holds the cylinder far
better if the concave side is facing outwards, and if the opening in the
clip is facing up it will cover the bleed nipple hole.

But then through bitter experience we all knew that already.

Cheers,
Si.

On 28 Sep 2017 10:09, "Richard Porter ricp at minijem.plus.com [minilist]" <
minilist at yahoogroups.com> wrote:

On 27 Sep 2017 Dr John C Bullas  wrote:

> After doing all the wheel nuts up and replacing a rear cylinder (cylinder
> removed replaced and bled in 15 minutes, 20  minutes to fit the f***ing
> lock washer),

You can get a special tool for putting the circlip on but I improvise
with a socket, a stud that screws into the cylinder, a nut at the
other end and washers as required. You need to loosen the hydraulic
pipe at the other end and swing it out of the way. The socket forces
the circlip over the slave cylinder inlet.

--
Richard Porter                      http://www.minijem.plus.com/
t: @westernexplorer                 mailto:ricp at minijem.plus.com
I don't want a "user experience" - I just want stuff that works.

------------------------------------
Posted by: Richard Porter <ricp at minijem.plus.com>

Post message: minilist at yahoogroups.com
Subscribe: minilist-subscribe at yahoogroups.com