[Mini] measuring temperature off existing senders for additional displays

Dr John C Bullas john.bullas at gmail.com
Mon Mar 20 09:57:28 MDT 2017

Hi

The electronic dash project continues

https://www.flickr.com/photos/johnbullas/albums/72157665517840150

I have senders in place for water temperature and oil temperature, both are
connected to analogue gauges. I want to connect to the same senders to give
inputs to the extra temperature digital displays

As I understand it, the resistance of the senders vary with temperature and
this increases the voltage flowing through the gauge and thereby change the
defection of the gauge.

How can I connect into these circuits to extract the same voltage vs.
temperature relationship without changing the resistance of the circuit?

I would be using an Arduino to take any input via whatever interface would
be needed

Cheers

FB

--