[Mini] Technology transfer - torque arms/straps using mini non-verto clutch straps

belvenfish at yahoo.co.uk belvenfish at yahoo.co.uk
Sun Jul 5 12:11:58 MDT 2015

Hi John,

 try this stuff...

http://www.widia.com/en/home.html

Dr. Gernot Vonhoegen

BelvenServices
Senior Translator   Scientific / Technical

Belven 55
4730 Raeren
Belgien

Tel: 0032/87/33 97 35

 Subject: [Mini] Technology transfer - torque arms/straps using mini non-verto
clutch straps
 To: minilist at yahoogroups.com, mini-list at autox.team.net
 Date: Sunday, 5 July, 2015, 12:02

 Greetings Lister!

 I am trying to stop my 1kW bike motor from climbing out of
 my bike frame
 using torque arms.......

 see here: https://www.electricbike.com/torque-arm/#comment-2117576639

 Now I recall that I fitted 3x 3 clutch straps to my setup
 instead of 3x 2
 when I went to an orange clutch cover and got power up from
 56bhp to 96bhp!

 I need 14mm holes in the torque arms AND I need to be able
 to drill some
 5mm holes into the straps

 Can anyone:

 #1: confirm the diameters and centres of the existing holes
 in the straps
 and

 #2: confirm what I can drill some extra holes into the
 straps with as I
 remember lighting up a HSS drill a long time ago trying to
 do something
 with one of these straps

 Thanks for the support here, in more ways than 1

 Regards

 Dr B
 Southampton UK
 1978 1330cc 1275GT "#9" not dead, just resting

 --

 http://uk.linkedin.com/in/drjohnbullas
 Mini-list at autox.team.net
 Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html