[Mini] 13 inch wheels

Brett Nicholson brett at nicho.id.au
Thu Jan 15 16:35:34 MST 2015

Hi Neville,

Provided you use 175/50R13 tyres on your new rims they should fit without
too much issue.  If your Mini already has disk brakes on the front and the
spacer type drums on the rear you shouldn't have any clearance issues with
the suspension.

You may need wider flares to cover the new wheels and you may need to raise
the front a little to provide enough wheel arch clearance at full bump.
It's probably a good time to invest in a set of hi-los all round if ou
don't already have them.

Your speedometer will not be massively out as the roling diamater of the
new tyres and the old tyres is similar.  I'd just use a GPS myself.  You
could have the speedo recalibrated if you wish.  You could  dig through the
Guessworks site to find the right combination of speedo gears and
speedometer head.  Or you could do what I did and fit a programmable
electronic speedometer so it's as accurate as you want it to be.

Hope this helps,
Brett.

--
Brett Nicholson (bnicho)