[Mini] fueling issues after converting to EFI solved

Frits Schouten fritss at ps.gen.nz
Thu Aug 14 13:28:34 MDT 2014

Hi Anne,
The main reason is that the EFI pump is not very good at sucking. The feed
pipe in the Mini tank is only 6mm id and as a result of that the EFI pump
was cavitating on low tank levels. In the process I've already lost one EFI
pump.
So, with the surge tank there is a constant head to the EFI pump and I can
now feed the pump with 12mm id fuel line, as per specs of the EFI fuel pump.

Just last night the job was finished and I drove the Mini for quite some
distance with no noise from the fuel pump and no more issues with
accelerating.

Cheers,
Frits.