[Mini] Engine out (Was: Oil spitting)

Anne minilists at mibv.com
Sat May 25 10:12:54 MDT 2013

I know it's not really good form to reply to your own message,
but as I've now been enlightened a bit I thought I'd share the information
:)

I made an image outlining the holes on a MPi block and marked what they are
for.
http://goo.gl/er35u
In some you can use the same parts as in a 'standard' Mini block, marked
with (),
others have MPi specific threads, marked with [].

As to the water temp sensor.
The question was wrong :)
As I'm keeping the 'old' head, there is no need to change the water temp
sensor.

But there is indeed a thermostat house that fits a water tempsender.
Apparently this was only used in 1997 (to switch a 2nd fan) and therefor
the senders are fairly hard to come by and also expensive.

Anne.