[Mini] Engine out (Was: Oil spitting)

Anne minilists at mibv.com
Fri May 24 18:27:05 MDT 2013

So now a new balanced MPi block is fitted.
Some pictures can be seen here; http://goo.gl/yNMLQ
There seem to be some differences between the old block and the MPi block.
The most obvious is the missing hole for the distributor. Thats covered by
fitting a KDFI unit and triggerwheel with VR sensor.
Also the studs connecting the block to the gearbox seem to be a tad bigger.
The gearbox seems to be in quite good nick BTW, no chaffing, chipping, play
or anything out of the ordinary.
The oilfilter and connection of it seems to be different
As are the holes next to it.
I'm also not quite sure where the water temp sensor is supposed to go on a
MPi block.
Nor does this seem to be covered clearly in the till '01 Haynes...
Anyone know what the most important differences are, or maybe have a page
where they are listed/outlined?
Anne.