[Mini] Clutch throw-out [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

Donald, Ian MR ian.donald at defence.gov.au
Tue Apr 16 16:49:30 MDT 2013

UNCLASSIFIED

 Its worth checking the inside of the shuttle that carries the realease
bearing as well.  The internal drilling that the clutch arm goes into should
have parallel sides.  The ball on the end of the arm usually wears a matching
socket/hole in the shuttle.  This can load the ball as it moves through its
normal up and down travel - sometime causing it to break off.

If you're lucky the arm will just fracture at the top of the ball and you may
retain some (mushy feeling) clutch travel before ultimate failure... BTDT

Cheers, Ian

Ian Donald
ITAR Manager
Air Warfare  Destroyer
R2-6-B071
+61 (0)2 6266 0170
0427 921 819
(Fax) 62642428

'IMPORTANT: This email remains the property of the Australian Department of
Defence and is subject to the jurisdiction of section 70 of the Crimes Act
1914. If you have received this email in error, please contact the sender and
delete all copies.'