[Mini] Help with no start on my Mini

Frits Schouten fritss at ps.gen.nz
Tue Aug 21 23:55:34 MDT 2012

Having 12V on both sides of the coil means that the points are open.
But you said short on points?
Check wire between coil and points (The black one). Could be bad connection or
broken.
A broken wire can create a short on the points side.
Having black and white swapped should still give you a spark.
Points open should measure infinite resitance.
With the points closed, you should measure a current of about 4-8Amps
depending on the style of coil you have.

In first instance, I would not expect the coil or condenser to be bad.

That's about all I can think of.

Cheers,
Frits.

On Tue, 21 Aug 2012 20:40:36 -0700, Patrick Opsahl wrote
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/mini-list/fritss@ps.gen.nz