[Mini] gearboxes revisited

Vonhoegen belvenfish at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Apr 18 07:46:42 MDT 2011

Hi list,

as I know that there are quite a few lurking in the background, I'll post my
question. You may or may not remember that I had that problem with the gearbox
not selecting gears.
As I didn't find anything wrong with the remote control, I have decided to
finally swap gearboxes, as the corsa that has been the replacement for the
time being needs replacing...
Now, this box has the old style ujs, the box that I have at hand has pot
joints. Now I seem to recall, that you can't just bung the old joints into the
new box. As I have drive shafts of either style it wouldn't be any problem
swapping the shafts as well. Do I have to?

Thanks for any input!

Dr. Gernot Vonhoegen

BelvenServices
Senior Translator   Scientific / Technical

Belven 55
4730 Raeren
Belgien

Tel: 0032/87/33 97 35