[Mini] [minElist] best way to torque up or undo a 1275GT driveshaft lock nut

Richard Porter ricp at minijem.plus.com
Fri Oct 22 13:54:18 MDT 2010

On 22 Oct 2010 Dr John C Bullas  wrote:

> any top tips here?

> thought about accessing the nut thru the opening in the wheel and
> loosening/tightening it with tires in contact with the ground

> foot on the brake with caliper still connected?

I assume you mean the hub nut. Put it in bottom gear with the opposite
wheel on the ground. Or you could use an old steel wheelrim with a bar
welded onto it to stop it rotating.

--
Richard Porter                        http://www.minijem.plus.com/
                                      mailto:ricp at minijem.plus.com
I don't want a user experience.  I just want stuff that works.