[Mgs] 1972 MGB convertible

PaulHunt73 paulhunt73 at virginmedia.com
Wed Jan 19 01:27:56 MST 2022

If it only happened when you turned on the lights, after driving for a
while, it sounds like the short could be on the lighting circuit.  The
parking lights at the corners are fused and the flashers but not the
headlights or the dash lights.

I'd look into that first, the indicator fault could be down to the short
dropping the voltage.  To protect the wiring from further damage I'd use
something like an 21w flasher/indicator bulb in series with the supply
and try the parking lights, panel light switch on and off.  If the test
bulb lights up brightly the short is present, if dimly then not.  The
test bulb will need to be in the brown circuit, so you will probably
have to disconnect them at the solenoid.

But if you drove home with the lights on and no smoke, then the short
has gone ... until the next time.

PaulH.