[Mgs] No Turn Signals

Michael MacLean springer.mike51 at gmail.com
Sun Apr 17 18:31:02 MDT 2022

I very much appreciate the help from the list with my turn signal problem.
This is to let you know, I think I know what the problem is.  After looking
at the wiring diagram in Rick Astley's book (MGB Electrical Systems) I
noticed the turn signals are wired through the hazard switch.  Just before
the turn signals quit I was showing a friend the dash.  I was showing him
what switches worked and which didn't.   One of the switches that has never
worked was the hazard switch.  I clicked it back and forth to show him.
Right after that the turn signals quit.  Until I looked at the wiring
diagram I did not put it together.  I just went out to the car to see if I
rocked the switch back and forth maybe the turn signals would start
working.  Instead the switch broke internally and refused to move.   It
lasted 52 years.  No complaints.  I have ordered a new switch from Moss.
We'll see if that fixes it.  I might even get hazard flashers out of it too.
Mike MacLean