[Mgs] Driveshaft flange

PaulHunt73 paulhunt73 at virginmedia.com
Tue Sep 21 01:26:43 MDT 2021

The factory V8 had a 'beefier' propshaft, with bigger gearbox and axle drive flanges and UJs, same as the MGC.  But as this is almost certainly a conversion it depends on whether the converter fitted the bigger shaft or kept the original.  My 4-cylinder drive flange is 3 3/8" and the V8 3 7/8", with UJ bearing cups 15/16" and 1", so this looks like a 4-cylinder shaft.  Maybe time to beef it up if usage has wrecked the flange.

  Parts is parts. that is something you'd should be able to find a crossover or maybe upgrade to a beefier u-joint for.