[Mgs] Dashpot Oil

Robert's New iPad mgbobh at gmail.com
Thu Jun 17 05:11:08 MDT 2021

    We will have to wait until February to run your test again, though we might try keeping the oils in the freezer overnight.
    I have always used motor oil, of whatever blend was in the engines, but do have a viscosity tale to share.
   Once I leave my driveway, there is a slight down grade. On cold winter mornings when salt was not on the road,  I would drive out and struggle to shift into second at low speed, because the car slowed during slow shifts. When I changed rear axle oil from 90 to synthetic 75-90, the rolling speed dropped imperceptibly.  This happened with both TD and MGB.
Bob