[Mgs] Rear Chrome Badges

PaulHunt73 paulhunt73 at virginmedia.com
Tue Jul 6 01:24:47 MDT 2021

I have the later one-piece badge that pushed into plastic sockets not the earlier multi-part badging, but isn't access via that panel for which you are asking about screws and cup-washers in your subsequent post?  It looks to be in the same place as the later badge, and on my 75 at least the panel extends right across that area.

In the UK at least the usual suspects for MGB parts have trim fitting kits with the screws and cup-washers.

  Will someone please tell me how to replace the octagon MG chrome logo on the rear deck lid of my 1969 MGB GT?  Half of the pins that take the speed nuts are deep behind the sheet metal frame of the rear hatch lid.  I bought all new badging for this at great expense (it's the MGB GT letters that are expensive), but I have no access to some of the speed nuts.  It looks like someone replaced these badges in the past because the pins that are hidden by inner sheet metal do not look to be held in by anything.  Has anyone done this successfully besides the factory?