[Mgs] bleed screws

dave dave at ranteer.com
Fri Jan 29 10:12:38 MST 2021

I have a 56 mga, and the wrench that fits the bleed screws for the brake
cylinders (drums all around) are whitworth.  And the thread doesn't match
either metric or SAE on my thread checker so I am assuming that is also
metric.

Not knowing the true history or this car I am assuming that it came that
way.  But I also realize that maybe someone grabbed the brake cylinders off
a TD or even a TC and used those.

Is there any corroborating evidence out there one way or the other?

It seems original in many ways; has a lot of the weird stuff the early cars
came with if that is any help.